CAP is offering a course to pathologists that are interested in learning about the impacts of recent federal policies on clinical laboratories – The Clinical Laboratory and Meaningful Use of EHR (SAM eligible).
Following are the objectives of the course:
1. Describe the benefits and importance of EHRs to pathologists and patients
2. Describe related federal organizations and their role in changing how patient data is captured, stored and distributed
3. Describe meaningful use in the context of laboratory physician office communication
4. Identify the 5 steps to prepare your laboratory for meaningful use EHR data and reporting requirements
5. Record your findings from the 5 steps to aid the decision-making process for meaningful use EHR data and reporting requirements.